You should wash your hands frequently. The advice is:
- wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds each time
- if soap and water are not available, use hand sanitiser gel
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands straight away
Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
Public Health England have made a factsheet for children available. It's designed to help children understand the importance of hand washing and how to stop the spread of coronavirus.