How do I find a dentist?
To get the help you need you can:
- Phone your local dentist to get information about their opening hours and advice on where you can go to get the care you need
- If you don’t have a dentist or your dentist is closed, you can phone NHS 111. Translation services are available.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing visit https://interpreternow.co.uk/nhs111
Do not visit a dentist without an appointment.
Practices will need to prioritise their patients based upon their needs. The British Dental Association advises:
- If you call to make an appointment, you will be asked some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment
- You will probably be asked to use hand sanitiser or to wash your hands when you arrive (and again before you leave)
- Social distancing measures will be in place in the waiting rooms
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.